9th Annual Little Heroes 2021
2021 brought a different set of challenges to many of us but kids are still battling cancer and we must keep pulling for them! We are excited to host the 9th annual Pulling for Our Little Heroes to benefit our friends at the Northern Nevada Children’s Cancer Foundation!
Registration links below make sure to register in the correct competition- CrossFit or Weightlifting!
CrossFit Competition– Online or In-Person Qualifier followed by Finale-Details
1. Registration will be open from July 28th – August 30th, 2021.
2. Competition will be teams of 2 (1 male/1 female).
3. Competition is open to local and non-local teams. The finale will be an in-person only event.
4. Teams will have the option to record and submit videos to be reviewed by the judges or participate in a competitive atmosphere at one of two locations. Please see below for more information.
5. Top 12 teams will be invited to participate in the finale.
6. Each team is guaranteed participation in 3 WODs. All 3 WODs will be released on August 24th at 5:00pm PST with video explanations.
7. All teams are responsible for submitting final written scores for each WOD, in addition to the video submissions (if applicable). All scores and videos must be received by 9/5/2021 at 5:00pm PST.
8. The finale will take place 9/11/2021 at Crossfit Initiative.
9. After your team is registered, Paige (firstname.lastname@example.org) will create your team’s FUNdraising page. Please allow her a couple days to set up, thank you for your patience.
10. FUNdraising will still be the 4th event. Raising a minimum of $250 will be required to advance to the finale. Any team raising $500 or above will automatically earn a first-place finish in the FUNdraising “WOD.” FUNdraising event will close on 9/5/2021 at 5:00pm PST.
11. In-Person Qualifier: There will be the option to complete the workouts at Reno Powerhouse on 8/27/2021 or Crossfit Bangarang on 8/28/2021. If the WODs are completed at one of these two locations, only written score submissions are required. More details regarding heat schedules/signing up will be released in the coming weeks.
Weightlifting Competition– Online or In-Person at Calavera Barbell -Details
1. Registration will open from July 28th – August 30th, 2021.
2. Competition will be teams of 2, any combination of male/female, youth/senior/master
3. Competition is open to local and non-local teams.
4. Heats will be run at Calavera Barbell starting on September 6th. Scheduling will be required.
5. Video submission will be required for all lifts not completed at Calavera Barbell.
6. Video submissions must be received by 9/8/2021 at 11:59pm PST.